Document Scanning in Ohio
Files that are in a digital format are easier to locate and manage. All it takes is a simple computer search to locate a file, and storing files on a computer takes much less space than it does to store physical files. Digital files also mean that they can be readily shared among co-workers and easily updated so that everyone receives the same information. No one has to worry about having incorrect information.
Businesses in Columbus, OH can use document scanning to convert files into digital documents. If you or your business is interested in transitioning to paperless, you’ll need to come up with an action plan. Finding a secure provider to discuss this plan can help save you lots of trouble in the long run.
Lay Out a Document Scanning Procedure
Create a document retention plan.
- Figure out how long to retain each type of document
- Determine who requires access to them
- This should be published to every employee.
Decide which documents will be needed in the future.
- The costs of document scanning grow with the number of times the document is accessed and shared. If it is unlikely to be needed again, then just storing the original file is the better option. Everything left is what you should scan.
Now it’s time to destroy all unneeded records.
- Be sure that everyone who keeps company records gathers these files to one centralized location.
- Provide secure containers to store these files in. This reduces theft and corporate espionage.
- Ask employees to organize their personal files using the official document management policy
Finally, it is time for the actual scanning.
- The best option for document scanning projects is to hire a local Columbus professional scanning service.
Columbus Document Shredding makes the scanning project simple. Our contractors have high-speed scanning equipment and people who perform this work every day. Scanning professionals index the documents and then destroy them following the work.
Go Paperless with a Columbus, OH Document Scanning Service!
Document scanning can be very tedious and time-consuming if you have a lot of files. With a document scanning service, your files will be scanned, organized, and shredded in no time. Columbus Document Shredding provides fast, reliant, and affordable solutions to your document scanning needs.
Simply give us a call at (614) 344-0717 or fill out the form on the left to get started on going paperless today!
285 E State St
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 344-0717